Monday, December 23, 2013

Picture Depth

I didn't have a lot of time this week.  Spent most of it preparing things for Christmas, then did some stuff for my birthday, and caught a cold.  I was thinking about that scene from the trailer of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, where Sean Penn is in a photo and beckons to Ben Stiller, and I wanted to play with taking a photo and pushing it back in space.  The camera move ended up fighting with the motion of the photo expanding, and I didn't get around to making a new move and re-rendering.  Also, I feel like I should have shot a short clip of something moving, that seemed to give the Walter Mitty scene more shazaam.


Picture Depth from conor scully on Vimeo.

I'm not sure what I'll be able to come up with next week since I'll be out of town for a few days.  I may just play with some deformers and effectors or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment