Friday, December 6, 2013

Earthquake!

The real reason I started working in 3d was so that I could do one simple thing.

BREAK STUFF!

I was playing around with the fracture tool, looking up a bunch of different ways to shatter objects in C4D since I feel I've gotten a fair grasp on the rigid dynamics and I found thrausi.  It is so sweet.  If you haven't gotten it yet, you can download it for free from Nitro4D.  It's simple to use and a lot of fun to play with.  Once I got the hang of it I also decided to try out Trapcode Particular, which I had used once before in this small logo animation from school.  I basically ripped off an old ABC logo animation and followed a Video Copilot tutorial.



PBS Logo Animation from conor scully on Vimeo.


Anyway, since it was Thanksgiving week I really only had about 2 days to put this together, so I didn't end up making it as cool as I would have liked, and I just pulled the statue model off of TurboSquid.  Next time I'll put out more nulls for larger individual chunks and give them dust trails too, and probably some dust puffs when they hit.  Also, when I used thrausi, I broke the texture mapping or something, so I'll have to figure that out before I make another destruction animation.



statue crumble from conor scully on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment